Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A few things

















This is what I made this morning.  I have this pattern from Amy Butler for 3 sized bags. This one is the makeup bag. I think it turned out pretty good. I may have to make some more of these I think they would make great gifts.














This is a double page spread for the creative challenge on my ning site. The idea was memories and the holidays.

I started the pages using Christmas wrapping paper as backgrounds. I cut up other wrapping paper as collage items. The pic on the top left is of myself on the left and my sister Peggy on the right. I think I am 15 or 16 here which would make her 11. We always liked making cookies and decorating them. The lower pic is of Sarah, she was such a beautiful child, still is by the way. The pic on the right is my sister Marianne, we were making decorated Christmas trees with Peggy's boys. Then I wrote a little poem about the experience and added words that represented Christmas memories to me. It was fun to do.















This is a journal page with a few ladies who just popped out of the background. I was doing some experimenting with Color Wash sprays and stamping in the background. I really didn't see anything in the background until I turned the journal sideways. I have concluded that with found art you often have to look at the page all sorts of ways and several times before you can see anything.

I am still making birdies soon I will have enough so they can all fly together.




















Oh I almost forgot I colored this today. Its one of Eden's drawings from Draw Doodle and Decorate. You can get your own to color here I decided to do him in non traditional colors, he was lots of fun. I have this set of 100 markers that I rarely use. This was a great opportunity to try them out.

7 comments:

  1. I am so envious that you have had time to play with your art! I am happy to say, though, that my art studio is finally cleaned of all the clutter of the Craft Fair that was a few weeks ago and the Christmas and Rock My World order stuff has all been put away ! I could actually sit and play today as I have done the wrapping and abandoned the usual Christmas baking (due to a crappy cold that sucked all my energy and my desire to bake)...It has been over two months since I sat down with my journal. I feel really rusty but man, do I miss it.
    I think I just found another Christmas gift for myself. An hour or two for me and my toys !
    Merry, merry Christmas, Lovely Kate ! May the light and love of the season fill you up !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, I don't know how I missed this post until now. And I agree with Kim....I'm so envious of your art time right now in the midst of holiday madness. I hope to be doing lots more art after the new year.

    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, You are so VERSATILE, and it shows how much you love creating. I love the way your Santa Bird turned out! I love the make up pouch too! Keep on doing your thing with your journaling cuz it's so fun to see! Merry Christmas :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would certainly claim, impressed along with your site. I had created no trouble navigating through all of the tabs and details may be astonishingly very gain access to. I stumbled upon what I wanted instantly ?n any respect. Quite great family. Could be thankful whenever you add forums the like, very easily a ideal means for your consumers to talk. Outstanding role..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its Pleasure to understand your blog.The above articles is pretty extraordinary, and I really enjoyed reading your blog and points that you expressed. I really like to appear back over a typical basis,post a lot more within the topic.Thanks for sharing…keep writing!!!

    learn technical analysis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its one of the best thing you have shared here.And its very informative and helpful with the Business Persons and the people who are working with the SEO.Very Knowledgeable blog it is.Thank you for sharing.
    seo services canada

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.