Friday, October 14, 2011

National Novel Writing Month
























It's getting to be that time of year again. Its almost November, so writers and would be writers from all over the world are contemplating doing NaNoWriMo.  This year I'll be doing it again.  My sixth time for all the insanity.  Why do I do it?  Several reasons:

  • There's a deadline.
  • Its Fun.
  • It gives you the opportunity to do it with others, misery does love company.
  • You get the chance to explore writing in new ways.
  • It helps you become a better writer.
  • There are write-ins, and parties.
  • You meet all sorts of fun people.
  • Did I mention its fun
  • Ah the parties, well there is the kick off party and then the Night of Writing Dangerously(an all nighter) and the TGIO party at the end.  It stands for Thank God Its Over, otherwise known as the celebration party.
  • It brings families together.  I know of several families who have several members doing it.
  • Ah the junk food, you do have permission to have all the junk food you want in November.
  • The satisfaction of completion, even if you don't finish you end up writing way more than you did in October.
I know you want to do it.  Maybe this is the year you join us.  At the end of our lives we don't regret the things that we did, its more the things we didn't do.  Maybe writing your story is one of those things.

This year my novel will be a fictionalized account of my Grandparent lives. I will use their letters as a base, but I am still working out what form it will take.  

To sign up for this go to nanowrimo.org

4 comments:

  1. I applaud you for doing this every year. You're so disciplined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to be joining you this year, and I too applaud you for doing this every year! xoO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of a story created from your grandparents letters, how fabulous. I'm joining this year, it's the first year I found out but congrats on yearly commitment, I guess I'll have to see how this one goes before I can tell if it's right to be repeated lol tfs, much love Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a novel-writing month. I can't believe you've done it so many times! What have you done with the previous things you have written?? Good luck with this year's project.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.