Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My First Podcast

I  am excited to announce that I am the featured guest on Creative Living with Jamie at Jamie Ridler's Studios today.  You can catch the interview here    It can also be downloaded on itunes by going to this link.                                         
I was very excited to be asked to be on Jamie's show. I am in good company as she interviews the most interesting people.  All the podcasts are available to listen to at any time.  So I hope you will check it out.


My Newcomb No.3 Loom















I am also happy to say that we got the old loom working.  This is the first rug. I used rags that came with the loom and then some polar fleece strips that I was given by a friend.  I just wanted to try our all sorts of materials.  The rug will be for the back porch or out in the garage. With all the different materials I know that it won't be a great rug, but I just want to try out different things and see how the loom works.  I had about 27" woven when the leather strap that is part of the shaft switching broke.  We repaired it with some nylon webbing used for backpacks and its working pretty well.  I have taken off this rug and it was a misshapen mess like I thought it would be.  That is all good though because I learned a lot.  My next rug will be made with blue jeans and then I have some Pendelton wool selvedge to make another one.  You can weave fast on this loom. I am looking forward to making all sorts of rugs on this loom.

Traveling On

On Wednesday I am headed to Washington State for The Women's Summer Solstice Gathering. Its going to be a really fun event.  After that weekend I head to Portland, Oregon to see my daughter.  We plan to visit Portland and head to the ocean for at least a few days.  I am planning on trips to Powells, that huge book store and Dick Blick that wonderful art store, the Tillamook Cheese Factory, and then there is Voodoo Doughnuts and so much more. I am bringing my iPad along so I imagine there will be some blogging in the next couple weeks, so I won't totally abandon you. I am bringing the Remains of the Day Journal I made last year when I planned to go to Oregon.(the trip got cancelled). You can see it in this post. So it will be fun to be filling it in with a little art along the way.


6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the link up with Jamie !
    Enjoy your traveling, Lovely One ! Soak it all in !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, Kate!
    Congratulations on your podcast, getting your loom up & running, and your trip ahead. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate. Did you read Lisa's post? A whimsical bohemian? It's regarding you winning a while back. Go check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the podcast with Jamie, Kate, and encourage everyone to listen to it!

    Duh! Now that I have finally read your post I know where you are going. Still hope I get a chance to see you, xoO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to see that you are off on an adventure! I am finally getting around to checking in on some blogs and when I saw that it had been a week since your last post, I was worried about you. I can't wait to see your ROD journal and the treasures from Dick Blick! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congratulations to you, Kate. Well deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.