Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Playing with Charcoal
















Here is my first exploration in my new class.  Its playing with compressed charcoal and it was really a lot of fun. I so love what you can do with this medium. I love how you can create depth so easily. The shapes that came out of this piece of play are fun.  What do you see in this piece?  Can you see the body?




















Now some more pages in the journal I talked about in the last post.




















Lots of random things are on this page. Washi tape, and ATC, spray inks, japanese paper and some journaling,




















This page began with acrylic, ink and water.  Lots of fun lovely blobs, so I outlined them all. There appeared to be a tribal looking fellow on the right. Not sure what he is up to.
















And lastly the page on the right has Neocolor II watercolor crayons with Pitt pen flowers added by using a stencil.  I love the image of the yellow raincoat.  I had a slicker back in the day in this same color.  When Sarah was little she had a cute little yellow raincoat and hat.  She looked so cute in it. This page really brought back those memories.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of fun play !
    I see you tried some ink blob exploration. Fun, ain't it ?
    Hope you have a sweet day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I see the body Kate. It's down at the bottom, laying down. Is that it? I can tell you are having charcoal fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.