Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's a day for Ducks

















Its a day for the ducks. Rain rain and more rain. I also have a day of medical appointments or perhaps I should say week. I had one yesterday, two today and another on Thursday. I am just getting it all done in one week, I hadn't planned it that way but that is they way it seems to be turning out.

My first attempts at a face from the class I am taking was a disaster. I think I will paint over it and start over. So as a result I have no art to show. Remember when I bought all that Golden paint and figured that Michael's was not going to carry it anymore. Well I was wrong, they now have a new display and are carrying some paints in tubes and some fluid acrylics in bigger bottles. Its just that the color selection is limited and they have a smaller selection of mediums. Its not as bad as it could be. In fact there is a new color (Indian Yellow Hue) that I wanted to try. They did not carry it before and are carrying now so that was great. I am glad I didn't have to mail order it. I always spend too much money when I order on line.

Remember when I was taking GutArt and sharing so much of it.  Well Mystele is offering the class again. Go here for details.  It was one of the best classes I have taken.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your appointments. We're expecting rain tomorrow but so far today is very nice.

    Our Michael's just began carrying the Golden products but most of the liquid acrylics are colors I'd never use. I wish they'd get in a better selection 'cause I'm like you....I order online and always order too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kate, thank you so much for writing about gut art, and remember that "disasters" are STILL all about learning. and that's the point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your recommendations, Kate, and trust them very much. I went over to mystele's site, loved it, and signed up! Whoo hoo! I've let my art go lately and need this shot in the arm. Plus I love how your art has grown lately and want mine to do the same. Thank you and love, O

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.