Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wishcasting Wednesday - Take a Break

Today Jamie asks us What do you wish to take a break from?

I wish to take a break from doing.  I want a day where I am not going anywhere.  Where I can sit and linger over a cup of tea if I want. Bake cookies and watch sappy chick flicks all day and not feel guilty about it. A day with no deadlines, no commitments, no shoulds that I tend to impose on myself. I want a day to be me to be free to just let the wind blow in my hair as I dance around the room or my backyard.

Now that I have my wish I am thinking oh maybe tomorrow, no  I have an appointment at 1. Friday no, hubby is home and I am sure he'll have me doing something, Saturday well maybe during the day as I have an engagement that evening. It looks like Sunday will be my first chance to have no plans...well at least the idea is not 2 weeks away....    You know I have always liked the idea of mini retreats.  It doesn't have to be all day, maybe if I schedule it for Friday or Saturday I can make it happen. If the weather is nice a day in the park sounds just like the thing I need.

To see what other wish casters are doing go here

14 comments:

  1. Kate that is such a great wish. We all need our those mini retreats, even if only for an afternoon to recharge our batteries!
    As Kate wishes for herself, so I do also

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Kate wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Kate wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    My wish precisely! If only we could wander over to each other's homes, put up our feet, and get lost in an afternoon of daydreaming and sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Kate wishes for herself, I wish for her also. A mini retreat sounds wonderful! I am trying to leave myself at least one afternoon a week to do anything I want. I really enjoy and look forward to that day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Kate wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    Maybe an hour or 15 minutes will help you out until you can get to a full day ? I am going to try for that ! Here's to wishes coming true...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched a wonderful cookery programme last night with the theme of being selfish - not being mean or nasty, but of having the day you crave. Treating yourself and indulging with indolence (and a bit of chocolate). Here is the link to the programme on the BBC iplayer (don't know if it works in the US, but you can have a go!)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rqm11/The_Delicious_Miss_Dahl_Selfish/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate - taking a break just to be as you want sounds like a wonderful well-deserved treat. I hope you are able to make it happen! As Kate wishes for herself, I wish for her also! Cheers from a snowy, melting spring Colorado day! - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Kate wishes for herself, I wish for her also. Happy "do nothing!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great whish Kate. Hope it comes true for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As Kate wishes for herself I so lovingly wish this for her also ...a break ...a beautiful oasis in her day or week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmmm a minivacation from life! I love it!

    As Kate wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. as Kate wishes for herself, I wish for her also....

    a lovely, languid day of simply following your bliss. May it be upon you.... wish, love, love love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As Kate wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.