Friday, April 6, 2012

Blind Contour Paintings

Its been a busy week with lots of projects going on. Some writing, some art, some planning. These are some of my art morning pages. I am really enjoying doing these every day.





















In Big we have been doing blind contour drawings and then painting them. These are drawings where you look in a mirror and draw on the page without looking. They can be really wacky and I used wild colors, its a real interesting exercise.




















I am loving the wacky looks that come out.




















I am in love with that lime green color.




















I think this one looks like a man to me.




















I think this one is my favorite so far. I am enjoying painting these in such non-traditional colors. I also can't seem to stop painting them. Its always interesting to see what the next one will look like. I love the unpredictability of it all.  

Here is a fascinating technique from Jill Berry author of Personal Geographies called  Geopapers and Projects. It makes a fascinating paper.  I hope try this out soon.  Have a great weekend everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Kate, these are wonderful! I've never done much blind contour drawing but you've inspired me to try it again. I think I did a few years ago when I worked through Drawing on the Right Side of Your Brain. I agree with you that the last one is my favorite, too. She's beautiful and quirky and has just a touch of attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, Kate!!
    These drawings are so "free" flowing, love them all.
    I have enjoyed looking over them... seeing how each one varies.
    Yes, the last one is a keeper :]
    Happy Friday to you!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like countour drawings...I love the green lady...she has attitude! Did you know that you've been tagged at Kim M's blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all wonderful! It seems to me that when I do blind contour drawings it strips away all of the 'not real' stuff, and I always get very raw/real stuff.

    Love these!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.