Monday, April 2, 2012

Lots of colorful rocks here
















I ordered some rocks from the Rock Fairy aka Kim at the Queen of Arts. I am going to be using these for my clients at Safe Harbor Coaching.  Don't they look inviting in this abalone shell.


















I also had her custom make some for the Nine Modern Day Muses and a Bodyguard.  I'll be using these in the Muse Group workshops I am going to be teaching locally. I love being able to partner with Kim in offering this select group of rocks for my clients and students. What a great collaboration this is going to be.





















This fearless painting was the result of being curious about my last painting.  I just started with a color from the last painting and began with no preconceived idea.  Its an interesting process.

In BIG we did something today that I just love.  Most of you have heard of morning pages, those 3 pages of writing that Julia Cameron suggests you do daily.  I have done them on and off for years, participated in an online group with them and more. In Connie's class we are doing Art Morning Pages.  Here is my first one. You do the same thing as in regular morning pages, take about 20 minutes and put whatever out on the page.  We got snow and I had a tummy ache all night so that is what came out today. Its all done in oil pastel, except the snow is acrylic paint.  The idea is also to use supplies that are quick and uncomplicated.  I'll be using oil pastels, gelatos, wc crayons, markers etc. Quick and easy.  I so love this process. I don't know why I never thought of this before.




















It is so easy to get some symbolism about what you are feeling out onto the page. Try this, I am sure you are going to love it.

3 comments:

  1. Kim's rocks are so cool. And it's a great idea for your coaching business.

    Thanks for the tip about morning art pages. I've done morning pages like you, on and off since way back in the 90's. When I take the time to do them, they seem to work. I'll give the art pages a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful... the painting looks great!
    Morning art pages looks very inspiring and what a fantastic way to start the day... with arting!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a partnership, Kate. And who better than the Two Queens? I think your work complements each other beautifully. Also, a creative adaptation of Julia Cameron's morning pages! xoO

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.