Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Color Exploration Continues

The collage and color explorations continue. I thought I would go around the color wheel and at least do some of the basics. This project really was fun but I think I'll be taking a break from collage for awhile. At least until I get my studio cleaned up again.


















Yellow- this is a color that I do not have that much of but with collage you only need small amounts.
















I really had fun with the orange one. I don't know about you but when I start doing collage I can keep going and going and going.  I guess that means I have a lot of paper and images.

















Reds are always fun, the colors are so rich and fun to work with.















The pink one seemed to want to have girls on board. I love both of these images. Such sweet faces.















I have done all the basic colors so I headed to black and white and some gold too.















The last one I did was all browns. The sheep are a card I got from Schacht Spindle Co.  I used to be a dealer for their equipment.  I have always loved their logo. I really enjoyed making all these collages. I did 2 pages of each color for a total of eighteen pages. It was a learning experience in the fact that Often what I thought would look good did not. The interplay of shades and tints of a particular color is a fascinating thing to explore. Why don't you try your own color studies? If you try this I love to hear about it.

3 comments:

  1. Love your exploration of colour! Great collages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love collage and love what you did with all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank you kate. I think I'll collage today!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.