Saturday, June 7, 2014

Newgrange and the Hill of Tara part 2







After seeing the tomb we went to the farm for lunch.


There were a couple quilted wall,hangings on the walls of the lunch area.


You can see the Newgrange tomb in this one.  



This is the barn in the farm.  There were animals in each one of the doors.



Who couldn't love a face like this one.  


Or this one.



The hill of Tara is where all,the Irish kings  took power and had their ceremonies. It's hard to photograph from the ground.


This what it looks like, lots of indentations. The Irish kings were pretty brutal guys, the made Game of Thrones look tame.


I can't remember the name of this stone but I do know it where the king got his power and sweared his oath.  


This was the offering tree. How it got started was never made clear to me.


It had everything imaginable tied to it.


I didn't have anything but a candy wrapper in my pocket so I tied it on to one of the branches.




This church was also on the property. The Church always seemed to make its presence known at pagan and pre-pagan sites. There was a graveyard too.

2 comments:

  1. Love the old churches, castles, stones, sheep, cows, mud. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The offering tree looks amazing. And I'm loving all the stones and history.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.