Thursday, February 6, 2014

Playing With Auto Painter Plus

I have no painting to share today for Paint Party Friday but I have been playing with this new app in one of my art classes.





















In my class Draw and Paint What You Love we have been playing with some apps. This one is called AutoPainter Express.




















What you do is upload a picture and choose one of four painters and then that picture is painted using their style and colors.  This was Van Gogh's Starry Starry Night. It is pretty cool.




















This is in Cezanne's style.




















This one is called Aquarelle. It looks similar to the Cezanne one.




















This last one is Benson. Its usually for landscapes but it still looks interesting on a face. This app can give you color and composition ideas that you can then take to your easel.  It is really fun to play with.

To see what other artists are doing for this day go here.

17 comments:

  1. What a great app! such great effects, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun app. Sometimes I think the reason those artists painted like that is because they needed glasses. That is what everything looks like when I take my glasses off. Maybe I should paint without glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds and looks a great app. Thank you for sharing. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had a phone with apps I'd be playing with this a lot-what fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, This app was for for my computer. They have versions for Mac and PC and phone and iPad.

      Delete
  5. Fascinating! That's a wonderful program.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing! Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I LOVE this app....these are great alterations!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like fun! And it's sort of like painting but without all the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure I'd have been able to identify the artists, but it looks like fun and the outcomes are great! HPPF!~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting app, looks like fun.

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh this is so intriguing. I might even have to check out this app. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like art to me. Very nice.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice app with cool effects!
    HPPF!
    Deepa
    http://deepazworld.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun and thanks so much for sharing. Benson makes it look like you are smoking (actually) but I like it. I love the van gogh. WHOA! Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.