Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Saying Goodbye





















We are saying goodbye today.  This is Lucky. Sixteen years ago I found her in the ditch across the street.  She was cold and really young.  She didn't know how to eat, so I fed her with an eye dropper. She survived and grew up. We called her Lucky because she was lucky we heard her cries and could rescue her. When her mother was killed by a car and her other sibling was found dead by a neighbor then you know she was truly lucky.

She was a good mouser in her youth. Our relationship was not always cordial especially when she would pee in the house. I would put her outside when she really didn't want to go.  She became more my husbands cat. She'd hang out on the back of his chair and then we'd call her the Parrot Cat. When friends came over for a weekend she would hide the whole time. The last year or so as she got old she wanted to sit on my lap a lot. She'd let me pet her and groom her since she didn't do a great job any more.  She had the most beautiful eyes.  Really intense blue with flecks of color. I am going to miss her. She had a great life with us.

8 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry, Kate. I do not like cats but I can see the love you have for her in this post. I have felt the closest connection possible in the world with my dogs, so I understand. I am glad you had so many years with Lucky. Blessings to you and your family today, and again, I am very sorry, xoO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Kate. We just lost our 20 yr old cat Fluffy last month - I stil miss her. They become such a part of the family.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, I'm sorry to hear about Lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad, Kate. She was one lucky cat for sure, to have had you to take care of her all these years. Was a beauty, too. She will have kitty wings now and play all day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to your tender, kitty missing heart. Safe flight, Lucky Cat.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate, I've been so busy and didn't get by to visit until now...so sad to learn about Lucky. I think she must have lived up to her name when she "chose" you to find her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Parrot Cat. What a nice and unique name. I'm sorry for your loss, but happy that you have such great memories.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.