Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Drawing My Novel's Characters

I have been thinking about drawing my characters in my novel for awhile now.





















My main character Caitlin is the focus of the drawings.  Here is a first try of what she might look like.





















Then I went with more of an action shot.  She is an archer from a Celtic like society. I didn't really like the way this turned out.


Then I had a journal page in process so I added her to the page.  She came out looking much older than she is, but it was still a fun page to create.















This was a page for Sketchbook School Storytelling. We were to do a cover for a book or travel journal so I thought I would add elements of my book. Its way too big for a cover but it was still fun to create.

I think I'll be doing some more of these, maybe for some of my other characters.

If you are intrigued by my book at all, make sure to sign up for my newsletter in the sidebar. My newsletter subscribers will be the first to know when it's published and available for sale.

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.