Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Sketchbook Skool Storytelling

Sketchbook Skool has started again. I took the Storytelling course this time. My instructor is the lovely Koosje Koene from the Netherlands. She is the co founder of Sketchbook Skool along with Danny Gregory. She has a wonderful blog and lots of videos and classes on drawing, you can find it here. I always enjoy her Draw Tip Tuesday short videos.


This is my first drawing for Storytelling.  We are supposed to create a recipe.  This is not something I normally do but it was quite fun.


Our second homework assignment is to create a manual or set of directions.  Here I describe how to use a 3 x 5 gelli plate.  I started this in pencil and then went over it in pen and erased the pencil lines. Then I added watercolor and some colored pencil.  I think it is a fun illustration. I think it tells a little story.

Kate

1 comment:

  1. I do too, Kate, and I really love your sketches. What a great way to journal, I'm thinking! xoO

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.