Monday, August 26, 2013

Great Basin Fiber Festival

I had a great time at the Great Basin Fiber Festival in Salt Lake City this past weekend.  I didn't take many pictures but I have a few to show you.




















This is one of the treasures I bought. Its a blend of camel and silk in a color called Arcade.  I am thinking of using it to weave with/  Plus with all that color it will really be fun to pin with.




















I was very excited to see this. Its naturally colored cotton from Peru in a color called Chocolate. It is really beautiful in person. There is a lot of color variation,  I think it will spin up beautifully.





















I was in a class with my friend CJ so we got a pic of ourselves together.  We were learning techniques for spinning yarns on a drop spindle.




















One of the things that is so great about attending one of these events is all the cool things you see just because you are sitting by someone.  I was right by the Salt Lake Knitters Guild Booth when I saw this shawl.  The colors were just lovely but I loved that you could wear it two way.  This of course is the traditional way.




















In this view the wearer has turned it around so it like a scarf or cowl type garment.  I love the idea and found out the pattern is on Ravelry so I will be adding it to my collection soon.

Whenever I attend one of these events my head is always full of great memories and some wonderful new ideas that I want to try. New inspiration is always great no matter what kind of creative pursuit you have.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I really like the yarns/fibers you got...especially Arcade. What happy, bright colors. And the shawl/scarf thingie is beautiful. Looks like you had a good time and came away with lots of ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.