Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Complementary Colors





















This is a color study done in my class.  I used Napthol red light and permanent green light, black and white to make all those colors. This is the first time I have done this kind of exercise, it really teaches you a lot about color mixing and how colors work together.





















Then we were challenged to paint this image from that color palette.  I had issues with my paint being a little globby, Then I ran out of the color.  I could work on this some more but I am behind in the class so I'll just leave for another day.

Linking to Art Every Day Month

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the colours you've used, and that is SUCH a good painting! It has such life and personality!
    Thank you for stopping by my new blog, Kate - I so appreciate it! I've been up since 4am (again), slowly filling up the pages... At the moment, it's all about the writing and gathering pieces I've written that I'm pleased with/still mean something... Later, I hope to share more artwork, and maybe join a group like Art Every Day :)
    Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.