Friday, November 22, 2013

Sketching Hands and an Elephant





















I was very busy today so there was little time for art.  I started sketching some hands from a magazine clipping.  Then I realized both hand were missing the thumb.  So I tried adding my own thumb which was problematic to say the least.  I need to look for some better source material. I started a pinterest board on hands so that should help a little.




















Since I was so unhappy with my hands I had to do something else.  I got a newsletter from Carolyn Dube today and took her Spark of Art-spriation as a starting point. It was fast and lots of fun.

Linking to Art Every Day Month and Paint Party Friday

11 comments:

  1. Hands are always hard! Your colourful elephant is wonderful. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell by the shape of the left hand that thumb is hiding underneath. It looks good!! I think it would look better without the thumbs!! Adorable colourful elephant too...lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i watched 2 of your videos last night, the ones on journal flips. i love your journals. 'glad you are here, too. melinda 38

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colorful elephant! Very fun and bright! May I offer some advice? Drawing your own hands from life is super practice. Just hold one up in different positions while the other hand draws it (tape paper down).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hands are soooo hard!
    Love the whimsical elephant.
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hands are very difficult to get just right......that's for sure.
    The elephant looks like it's looking through a colorful jungle! I just did an elephant in my art journal. They are magical creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. funny I just painted an image -and her hand wasn't showing the thumb, but I left it and think I like it that way. Love your spark of inspiration-good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a wonderful, vibrant energy in your elephant! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hands are very challenging to draw. You did a great job! Your colorful elephant is really fun, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.