Monday, May 20, 2013

After The Fiber Fair

The Fiber Fair is always a whirlwind of activity. I always have friends staying with me and this year was no different. Then is a weekend of spinning and knitting and visiting with old friends. It really is wonderful and quite a magical time. We started out by going to see Star Trek on Friday night and it was fantastic. Benedict Cumberbatch makes a wonderful villain





















I received these two Dr. Who inspired gifts. This is a needle gauge shaped like the Tardis.





















This is River Song's journal, she is my favorite character, the one I would be if I could.





















The Fiber Fair has lots of vendors with yummy stuff.  This earrings are made from polymer clay.





















This is handmade soap that has wool felted over it. It feels great and your soap always looks pretty.





















This is some wool/silk fiber I bought to make a small shawl. Its from my friend Carolyn at Greenwood Fiberworks.  She does the best dyeing.
















These silk batts are also from her.










I also got a new bumper sticker for my car.

Its not just all the goodies I got but the camaraderie of new and old friends.  Its the laughter and sometimes the frustration of creating wonderful things. Its the reconnections I make with friends who live far away. It seeing the fashion show and seeing the wonderful creations made by fellow fiber artists.  Its just one of the best times I have every year.

2 comments:

  1. I love the soap with the felted covering! Sounds like you had a fun filled time. Meeting up with friends is always good for the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun trickets !
    I have made felted soaps - easy and yes, pretty !
    Enjoy your treasures.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.