Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Sketches - Glad To Be Back

I haven't done Sunday sketches in a long time. I have been sick most of the year so that is going to be my excuse for now. I am glad to be back though, today's sketching was fun.


 



















Lady in a huge hat that reminds me of my mom. Sorry this is so dark, I find it so hard to photograph graphite sketches.






















I have always loved the reference photo I used for this sketch.  I think her body is a little small for her head. I didn't realize this until I was finished.











Then I did some doodling on the portion of a page. Patterns are always fun to draw. You can see more sketchers on Sophia's blog

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful sketches, Kate!! :]
    My favorite, the one with all the writing wrap around her dress... Very creative use of typography. ~xx

    ** what fun doodling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sketches Kate. The lady with the big hat has beautiful eyes. So nice that it reminds you of your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you sketches, Kate! Your ladies faces are wonderful...so much personality. The expression on that first one is my favorite. So glad to meet you through Sunday Sketches :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.