Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Evolution of a Face





















I have been working on this face for several days now.  I used my friend Annie's paintings for inspiration. It started with an acrylic background. Being too lazy to get up and get my paints i grabbed the first art supply near me.  These are Neo ColorII watercolor crayons.





















I keep adding more color and changing things each time I think I am done.  Taking pictures along the way.






















I didn't like the mottled background so I added crayon all over the background.  I think it makes her face pop more. Each time I look at it I want to add or take off colors, blend them more. Its hard to let this one go, to say its done but sometimes we just have to realize its time to move on and start work on your next one.

Do you ever have this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.