I decided to take advantage of the holiday week and start work on a new porject. There is some sewing that I have wanted to start but always seem to put it off.
This is how it all started. I had one of those charm packs from Moda and a pattern for a tote bag. First I had to lay it all out to decide what order I wanted all the squares in. Then came the sewing and there was lots of it. It took me three days to get to the next picture.
Here is the finished tote bag, I really like how it turned out. I ended up machine quilting a 1/4 inch inside each square. The handle has a lot of topstitching on it so it is really sturdy. The whole bag is lined with fusible fleece, which is something I didn't even know existed before I started the project.
This is the back, there are no pockets here, but there are 2 big pockets inside the bag.
This show the front pocket. I even made a bottom insert out of foam core and covered it in fabric. What a fun project this was. I was amazed how long it took me but am happy with the results.