Monday, January 21, 2013

Ramblings

Thought I would feel great and back to normal today but alas, still feel yucky. Here is what I have been working on. Lady Violet's Dinner gauntlets.  They are inspired by something Maggie Smith wore in Downton Abbey season 1.  They are still unfinished as we get only a small clue each week.  I think we will be working on a lace cuff next week. They have been fun to make so far.


I ordered myself one of these necklaces with my word of the year on it. It will be a great reminder for the whole year. They are from Liz Lamoreaux, I think she does a beautiful job.


I have been prepping some canvas with gesso but haven't felt good enough to paint yet. Hopefully soon. I have been attempting to do this post with my iPad which has been challenging to say the least. How is your day going?

2 comments:

  1. Downton Abbey is one of my favorite programs...and Lady Violet is such a great character.

    What a beautiful idea to have your word on a necklace.

    I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure you're more than ready to get back to painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gauntlets are so pretty !!!
    I dislike the Blogger app a lot on the ipad. Prefer my old pc and Windows Live Writer for that !
    Maybe I still have to figure out the tricks or maybe there aren't any ?
    I hope you feel better soon, Kate. Be good to you !

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.