Friday, January 11, 2013

Spending TIme With the Doctor












I am still feeling bad so I have been spending a lot of time with the Doctor. Who you might ask?  Just the Doctor.  I started with watching a few episode with the current Doctor, Matt Smith. I really didn't know what was going on so I headed to Netflix to watch the earlier season. There are episodes from the 60's but I didn't go back that far. I decided to start with Dr. 9 Christopher Eccleston. He was on for one season so after those I went on to Doctor #10 David Tennant. I am on his third season, working my way through all the episodes and they are really a lot of them.  Soon I will catch up on this series.  If you love scifi like I do this is a series to delight and amaze.  It took me awhile to get into it but now I love it. Some would say I am a little obsessed but its a good obsession.  It is making being sick a little more tolerable.



















Some pages in my art journal, created this week.



















These were cut out of two different magazine pages and combined. I just loved the colors. I used gelatos pastels to extend the colors.



















More rocks in oil pastel.



















and another graphite sketch.  A little bit of art always helps in the healing process.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're still feeling bad. I hope you're doing better soon. Get plenty of rest which it sounds like you're doing while watching Netflix.

    The blue page with the horse is my favorite but I like all of the pages you've done here. At least it's something to do while you're sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this ick really has a hold of you. I hope it goes better soon.
    Spending time with the Doctor is a great idea ! My David and I have watched all the seasons of the "modern" Doctor many times. David Tennant is my favorite by a long shot ! So quirky and witty and somehow sexy in a British, skinny guy kind of way ! Love it !
    Enjoy your healing watching of all the whibbly wobbily timey whimey stuff !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr Who was a part of my childhood. Tom Baker was the Dr I most watched in those days. He had a very long knitted scarf!

    I used to spend a lot of time behind the sofa!

    Matt Smith actually comes from Northampton where I live :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.