Saturday, April 6, 2013

More Poppies

I have been working on more poppy exercises. The more I use pan pastels the more I love them. Think of it as using paint that never dries out on your palette. I am slowly learning how to use them to their potential.

















This one didn't turn out like I wanted.  I realize now that I should have put the green background in first and then the misty looking poppies. That is what practice is all about though.





















I am happy with this one. I really worked on blending of colors In fact I think this photo looks even better than the original, which I find is usually not the case. All that is left in the course is a final bigger project on canvas.  I may leave that for awhile.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the poppies and the sharing of your learnt wisdom. I am shifting pan pastels higher up my to-try list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natasha,

      Oh thank you. If you do end up getting some I have some tips. On second thought maybe I will do a blog post on the subject. Thanks for the idea.

      Kate

      Delete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.