Monday, September 9, 2013

September Calender















Here is my September calendar. I took one of my gelli printed papers and cut it in two and used as a background.  The squares were cut out of a bronze colored metallic paper to symbolize leaves.  I stamped acorns, leaves and pinecones on random days. I stamped leaves and sunflowers into the background.




















Here are a couple more faces for the 29 Faces challenge.
I used sennelier oil pastels to make this face. The background is acrylic.




















This one is made with watercolor. The background was painted tissue paper. After doing these I decided to come up with a plan for the challenge. To try and paint faces that have different view. The first of them was in yesterday's post. I think for a challenge to be worthwhile to me I need to stretch. I need to try something new. So hopefully by the end of the month I will feel real progress.

How do you make progress in your art?  How do you push yourself?  I'd love to know, tell me your stories in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Both of these are really nice. Love the bright colors. The two different mediums do show up different, don't they? I think I am fonder of the last one. But as I said they are both great.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.