Thursday, September 11, 2014

Mandalas and Moons

Today I have some miscellaneous art to share. The first one was for the bloom true bootcamp with Flora Bowley. Every day this month there has been a prompt to share, and this day's prompt involved doing some art. It was all about mandalas today.  Have you ever wondered how everyone makes these wonderful images and they look fabulous all the time.  Well I have never been that confident about my mandalas and this one was surely a trial.





















With this mandala I started with a stencil in the center. Then I drew the outer circle and added some triangles, painted them and hated it.  So I covered it with paint and then gesso. I could still see them and so can you if you look close.  So then I drew the leaf shapes, painted them and started to like it again.  So you see any art disaster can be fixed.



















Last night the full moon looked pretty awesome.  I was happy to get this shot before the clouds covered her up.















I also painted under the full moon last night.  The moon always has such good energy about it.  I have not decided what this really is.  What are your impressions? Tell me in the comments.

Kate

1 comment:

  1. Kate, it makes me think of water, like a huge wave or maybe a whale coming out of the water. Whatever you intended I like it!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.