Monday, September 19, 2011
Work In Progress
This is the cover of the latest Remains of the Day Journal that I have been making. I used the skirt I bought at a thrift store recently for the fabric.
For the inside cover I used some cotton fabric that had crows on it, continuing with the black and white theme.
This is the back with appliquéd bits, Sarah says it looks like a mushroom but that was not my intent.
One thing that has been fun about making these is trying out all the decorative stitches on my sewing machine. Some of them are really fun. I have made a second one, but it will be a gift so I can't show it here. Now that I have the cover done, its time to make all the pages. These journals really are a long process but they are fun to make.