Monday, November 5, 2012

A Happy Accident

I had a happy accident in the studio last week.  On day one I cleaned off my pallette on some pages in one of my journals.  First I added orange.  The next day some green and the third day some blue. When it dried on the third day I looked at it quite surprised.














I had created what looked like a map.  How cool is that.



















Then I outlined all the continents and bodies of water with a fine pitt artist pen.



















I love how I have all these little islands and rivers and lakes and some pretty interesting looking continents.  I think it would be fun to create a story to go with this world.



















Speaking of stories I am a few days into Nanowrimo and things are going well. This page is a homage to that journey. I think every year I forget how hard this task really is.















Don't these colors look yummy. Its funny that I ordered similar colors in different mediums.



















This page came about when I tried out my new Panapastel colors on it. I just drew shapes over all those luscious colors.  What fun. Its sort of like a cityscape with nothing particular in mind.

Have you had any surprises in your journal lately?

8 comments:

  1. That was a happy accident, indeed, Kate! I like it. Good luck with NaNoWriMo; I'm not doing it this year (again) but remember the writing fondly. Good for you for keeping it going every year! xoO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate: I especially like making line drawings over a background. That's a great idea for creative writing about your fantasy map. It would be great fun to pick and name places on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! You are creating new worlds and cities in your art ! Powerful stuff !
    Enjoy the flow, Kate.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, that world spread is fantastic!! Don't you just love happy accidents! I also like the cityscape done with pan pastels. I've got to get me some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your map is wonderful Kate but I really like the cityscape in pastel. It's an awesome piece of art and would look really good framed. Oddly, I just finished a pastel painting of...well..not a cityscape, but a country houses kind of scape...lol whatever. Isn't it great how our minds run in the same, or similar, art places? Loveit!! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Your cityscape looks very industrial. Like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!!
    YOUR HAPPY ACCIDENT...
    Such beautiful layouts, Kate. :]

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.