Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wands and Affirmations













My glitter sisters had a swap recently where we made magic wands and affirmation cards. This is the wand I received from my friend Ninnie. I think it was made with polymer clay. It is purple and is spiraled with glitter in it. The entire piece has carvings in it and is adorned with silk ribbons and bells on it.













Here is a closeup of the face carved into the wand.


















We were to make 4 different cards for each person. These are Ninnies cards.


















and these are Tinkers cards.
















Gemma's cards have these beautiful whimsical drawings on them.


















My cards, the red one is missing some words. I need to print them out again cause I seemed to have lost them. Mine were cereal boxes that I spray painted on.

















Mahala's cards were layered and embellished.


















Kai's cards have beautiful drawing on them. I am waiting to receive 2 more sets of cards. This really was a fun swap.













Oh and here is the wand I made for Mahala. I used a dowel rod that I covered with 2 layers of fabric. I added ribbons and then brads and jewels and fresh water pearls.













I added a wooden star at the top of the wand. I added a wood sealer and then painted it with metallic paint and attached it with a glue gun. It was really so much fun to make.

If you have never participated in a swap before I suggest you try one. They are a great way to meet new artists and you end up with wonderful art from another person.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun swap. I just knew I wouldn't have the energy to do it though. Hopefully I'll be ready for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it arrived safely. You are right it is made of polymer clay. I had so much fun making it and Bannas. Hope you enjoy it. This was a really fun swap. I made a necklace last night and used your charm I got in the charm swap. It is up on my blog. Love Hugs and Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are having just to much fun, love the wand you made, what a fun post, cooler tomorrow,
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.