Thursday, August 13, 2009

Stitched and Stenciled

I am signed up for Mary Ann Moss's Stitched and Stencil Class. I haven't watched all the videos yet. I have such a slow connection its problematic at times. I have started my pages and I will be showing these as works in progress as they are ever evolving.















I decided to go with just a blue and green theme. These are the backgrounds I painted first. I used some craft paint and some Golden Fluid Acrylics. I did some pages using drops of paint and smearing with a credit card. With the Golden's I added water to make it more like a watercolor wash.










This is the first round of stenciled pages. Eventually there will be more stenciling, sewing and embellishment added. I hope to continue to show these pages as they evolve. If you are interested in taking Mary Ann's class just click on the link in the first paragraph.

















and here are two more pages. Its going to be interesting to see how these evolve. Right now I wish I had added more colors and I think I will eventually do so.










and the last four that I have done so far. I have 10 pages which have 2 sides and actually 2 pages per side since they will be folded in half eventually. So there will be a lot more to do for this book.

6 comments:

  1. I like the blue and green color scheme. And that stencil in the last photo, top left, is gorgeous! I've only painted my pages so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your colors are lovely, I am looking forward to seeing how you give them all life.
    I have been making cards.
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome. You are so creative.
    I would like to invite you to Wrecking Sisters reunited
    http://artwreckage.blogspot.com/
    Please stop by if you would like be a part of the fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours you have chosen. I am very into these colours at the moment.
    The bottom right page appeals to me most.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aloha Kate,
    wow, those are amazing..love the colours. I feel like I should curtesy :):) your crown is too cute..
    peace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the blues and greens, and that bird is so sweet. I love your new blog name and that crown too. Very cool, Kate!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.