Olivia awarded me with the Kreativ Blogger award, thanks Olivia your friendship means the world to me. I am honored to receive this award.
So for part of this award I need to share 7 things you may not know about me. I've done this so many times that its hard to find things but I will give it a whirl.
1. In college I majored in Political Science although I wanted to major in Art. I was not one of those kids who drew all the time as a child. When I drew a picture it took me a long time to finish. I thought that made me not artist material so I didn't follow my dream. That was a big mistake.
2. I have written in journals on and off since I was a kid and didn't discover that I wanted to be a writer until I was in my late thirties. I spent the next 15 years reading about writing instead of getting down to actually doing it.
3. I like to have lots of time alone and at the same time I like to have lots of social interaction and activities.
4. When I was 21 I had friends who lived in a college town and they were renting a big house that had some extra rooms, they convinced me to move out of my parents house to a place 2.5 hours away. I never came back.
5. I lived for a year in Michigan's Upper Peninsula in Houghton where it snows more than 300 inches a year. Since then I gauge winter in comparison to the one I spent where it really snows.
6. I love being by the ocean and its strange that I have never lived by one. I have seen both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. I wonder if its my Irish heritage that has me longing for the sea of my ancestors.
7. I really enjoy cooking when I am making desserts. I like to make cobblers. A favorite is to mix peach and blueberries together. So yummy.
Lastly, for the Kreativ Blogger award, you must pass it on to seven other bloggers. I wanted to choose people that I have not chosen before. They are all women who inspire me in many ways. Here are the rules for the seven recipients:
1. Thank the person giving the award.
2. Copy the award to your blog.
3. Place a link to their blog.
4. Name seven things people don't know about you.
5. Nominate seven other bloggers who you admire.
6. Place a link to these bloggers.
7. Leave a comment on their blog notifying them of the award.
My friend Linda at is one of the blogger on the list who I have met in person. Her blog is full of creativity personal insight and wonderful art.
Dragonfly Reflections I met Kelley when I attended the Writer's Spa in Taos, NM. We were roommates and were delighted to find out we were both Art Journalers. Kelley's blog is honest and pure and full of wonderful ideas and art.
Sherry is such a kind soul, I found her blog through Kim, the Queen of Arts. I love Sherry's art and her commitments to a better life.
Just Me and My Art Jane is one of my glitter sister. We share a common art bond and have taken many classes together. I consider her my art sister. In her blog Janet shares her daily journal pages and her journey as an artist. You'll be inspired if you visit her.
Tammy is from Texas and oh her blog is amazing. SHe does these incredible mandala's and many other wonderful tutorials and creative ideas. I am always inspired when I visit her blog. Its a riot of color.
Hanna is a an amazing creative artist from Sweden. Currently hosting a post card swap. She has some fantastic tutorials on her blog and always inpires me.
Art by Serena Serena I met when I did The Artist Way online. She's from Australia and shares her life an art. She does beautiful drawings in her journal pages. I wish I could draw so well.
Visit these ladies whenever you can, you will not be disappointed.
Have a creative day everyone