Tuesday, April 10, 2012




















I have been feeling crappy the last few days so instead of a lot of effort in today's post I will pull out one I started awhile ago and just forgot about.

Kim over at the Queen of Arts tagged me in this post

I have done so many of these that I wasn't going to play along but I maybe one last time.

These were Kim's Questions for me.

1. What color do you imagine is inside your head ?
Purple sparklers.

2. What artist would you most like to spend the day with ?
Misty Mawn.

3. Cupcake, apple pie or chocolate éclair ?
apple pie I make the best on the planet

4. If you were to suddenly get wings, where would you fly to first ?
to the place where magic resides.

5. What superpower would you most like to have ?
Time Travel.

6. Watercolor, acrylic, pastel, or finger paint ?
Acrylic.

7. What song most reminds you of your mother ?
Sunrise Sunset from Fiddler on the Roof.  She sang it at my brothers wedding years ago and I always remember her singing it.

8. Luxury cruise or canoe/backpacking ?
I'd take my kayak and cruise down a river or lake and then camp. I do love the outdoors.


9. Do you have a tidy organized workspace or messy, chaotic workspace ? Which works best for your creative process ? 
My studio is organized a little but tends to chaos most often.

10.What was your favorite candy as a child ?
Slo poke suckers, smartees.

11. What is the one thing you love most about yourself ?
 My ability to come back to regroup after a disappointment.

 The Rules
…you must post the rules
…answer 11 questions the tagger posted for you
…create 11 questions to ask the people you tag
…tag 11 people
…let them know you’ve tagged them

but this time around I really am going to be a rebel.  Anyone who reads this is tagged. Play only if you want to.

Here are my eleven questions.

1. What is the color of your dreams?
2. How do you spend your mornings?
3. What is your favorite book, movie?
4. Do you have a song that most represents who you are?
5. What is the one art supply you wish you had?
6. If you were a modern day muse what would be your super power be?
7. What does rain make you feel?
8.  What person who is no longer alive would you like to spend the day with?
9.  If you could live over another day what day would it be?
10. Where do you go when you're sad?
11. If you could live anywhere in the world where would that be?














I posted the tutorial for this earlier last week but here it is again. It's called Geopaper   This was my first try at this technique.  I didn't have the paper or ink she used  but it still turned out ok. I used water color paper, india ink and Twinkling H2O's. It was a lot of fun to do.  

5 comments:

  1. Well Kate, I must say that I like your drawing. Is that crayon, or pastel. Everything about it exemplifies how you said you are feeling, or were feeling. Even the quiet little cat is respecting your desire to be left alone. I admire your commitment to posting. Commitment breeds strength, most of the time. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi,

    I used Portfolio brand oil pastels on this page and I think gelatos which are another brand of oil pastel made by Faber-castell. I find it is a good way to get color on the page quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you are feeling crappy. I'm in the same boat here. I loved your answers to your questions and I'm pondering the questions you posed in my little head. I am also enjoying your drawings. It is amazing to me that you can finish them so quickly. You are always so inspiring. Feel better quick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to read your answers, nice getting to know you more! ((hugs))
    Wishing you well, Kate. :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answers so much, Kate ! Thanks for playing along.
    Here's my answers to your questions.

    1. What is the color of your dreams? purples, red and turquoise.
    2. How do you spend your mornings?
    catching up on emails, facebook and hopefully some creationg in there too!
    3. What is your favorite book, movie?Book - the whole Harry Potter series. Movie - The Princess Bride
    4. Do you have a song that most represents who you are? All You Need is Love by the Beatles. (most days, anyway)
    5. What is the one art supply you wish you had? (an endless supply of Golden Fluid acrylics in all colors!
    6. If you were a modern day muse what would be your super power be? Probably Audacity. I need to put my art out there more, I think.
    7. What does rain make you feel? sometimes sad sometimes grateful for the permission to just slow down.
    8. What person who is no longer alive would you like to spend the day with? My Dad. I wish he could visit me right where I am now.
    9. If you could live over another day what day would it be? The day David proposed to me in Florida. It was a perfect day.
    10. Where do you go when you're sad? To bed, if possible.
    11. If you could live anywhere in the world where would that be? On a tropical beach somewhere.
    Happy Wednesday !

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.