Friday, April 13, 2012

Some Pages to Share




















I have not been feeling well on and off for the past month and now I know why.  My gallbladder is full of gallstones so out it will be coming. I will have surgery probably sometime next week. I don't like having surgery so this is something I really don't want to do but I can't function the way I have been so I will have the surgery. This Angel appeared on my morning art page today. I think she is saying that everything will be alright. This is soft pastel over gesso.





















I didn't do a page yesterday but this was the day before. I was looking forward to working on editing the e-book I am working on. Alas I haven't felt good enough to do even that. I used oil pastel here.




















This was a couple days ago I wasn't really inspired so I just did some shapes. This is distress stain on mixed media paper. Some days if I can do a little something it does help me. Just slathering paint on a page can be very therapeutic.

5 comments:

  1. Kate, I'm sorry to hear about the surgery but if it makes you feel better then it's worth it. I, too, have problems with my gallbladder. It's not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had my gall bladder removed too, Kate, about three years ago. The surgey itself is not so bad though I know after having had your other major surgey last year, that you must be dreading it. I hope you will feel better once it is over. It has been okay for me. I just have to really watch the fats and the dairy because my body has a hard time digesting them without that important organ.
    Hang in there ! Sending healing light and hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Kate, I am so sorry. I hope that your surgery is just what you need to propel you forward to be able to feel well soon. Sometimes it seems like the deluge of challenges will never end, doesn't it? I am wishing you the same thing as Kim--a successful surgery and a speedy recovery to be feeling like yourself very soon...I think that it's amazing that you're able to do any art at all, Peace and love, xoO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am sooooo very sorry to hear this, take care of yourself... dear friend! ((hugs))
    Wishing you well, always. :]
    Thank you for sharing your artfulness, even after not feeling well, very thoughtful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be well Kate. I'll be thinking about you and saying a little prayer for your quick recovery. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.