Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pulse - Paint Party Friday















The theme for this section for Spectrum is pulse and rhythm and the heart. These images began with liquid watercolors. I chose blue and red to symbolize veins and blood. From and old dictionary I  cut out heart pictures and transferred them to the page using a packing tape transfer method. I added additional watercolors and acrylic paints.  It was very organic, just taking my time to determine what to bring out an what to let recede. Some of the outlining is done in black paint and some with the scarlet lime pen.

























I love looking at some of the details and pulling out sections for viewing.  To look at those sweet spots brings a smile to my face.



























This piece seemed very floral, I saw flowers right away.  They may be leaves or they may be seed pods.  It's had to tell sometimes, I will just let the be whatever the viewer wants them to be. I enjoyed working on this piece in a way I haven't on any other in a long time. In giving myself permission to take it slow and work on it for a long time if needed I felt it go in places it wouldn't have otherwise.

18 comments:

  1. I would love to own both of these. They are so beautiful. And they speak to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colourful work, just goreous. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them...very flora bowley looking... Looks like a lot of intuitive painting! Beautiful!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry, They were lots of fun to do. Just letting go and letting it flow.

      Delete
  4. Great colourful work and the movement shines through. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kate, these pages are beautiful. Really love them, and the colours go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful, Kate. You can tell you let that inner artist frolick and play!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, I know you like working this way too.

      Delete
  7. great flow and movement in these beautiful pages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,

      That is just what I was trying to do. Flow and movement. So I am you could see that.

      Delete
  8. Hi Kate, love your pages this week, they do look like seed pods and as linda says the whole impression is one of movement and flow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely creations, Kate. I love how you incorporated the hearts and colors for your theme for a quite lovely effect.
    ~~irene #66

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two very gorgeous colourful journal pages and I love how you incorporated the heart, seed pods and flowers and symbolic colours , they really give the feel of flowing life.

    Annabelle m..m

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow wow wow!
    These are amazing! I love them...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the flow of your paint! So fluid and harmonious! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.