Thursday, March 27, 2014

Using High Flow Acrylics





















I have really been enjoying doing faces with markers. They really help you work on letting go of imperfection. You can't erase, they are hard to paint over so what you see is what you get.  I love the freedom of that.  Yes it is a little hard at first to cover your beautiful background, but its only paint and paper. If you really mess up badly you can always collage over the page.  Give it a try.

I used watercolors for the background and high flow acrylic for her dress.   I also have ben having fun using liquid watercolors and a spray bottle, it makes the paint do such fun things. I like to think that she is contemplating something interesting.












I bought a few of the high flow acrylics by Golden a little while ago. I have started to use in all sorts of projects.  They are really thin but give good coverage.  I have been just putting a drop or two on my palette and then painting with them.  You could draw with the nozzle too.  Wonderful paint to work with. If you find yourself thinning out the Golden fluids you might really like these.

I seem to go through stages of using certain supplies in my art and then navigate to something else.  I think the change tends to spark things up.














Come April 1 I'll be doing Camp Nanowrimo.  It a little different from the November event. You get to set your own goals.  I am shooting for 10,000 words, I'll be working on my current work in progress. I think to will be fun.  We have a local group where several people are participating.  A group always helps keep me motivated.  You can join in by going to http://campnanowrimo.org.

How about you?  How do you stay motivated?





3 comments:

  1. Am I the only one who sees YOU in every woman you draw/paint no matter what the medium?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn,

      Other people say that too. I imagine that I put a little bit of my self into all these faces.

      Delete
  2. Interesting colors on your portrait. I too see you...and that's a good thing!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.