Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rita Catherine Farrell Somers






















Its my mothers birthday today.  I am named after her.  She was Rita Catherine and I am Kathleen Rita. Our birthdays are a week apart so we shared the same astrological sign. I have her curiosity and love of life. She died back in 1998 but truly has never left me.  I see her in myself and in many of the things I do.  I wrote this fun post about her a couple years ago. I have no idea how old she is in this picture, probably her early twenties.  I wish I could call her for a chat or have her over for a cup of tea. What a talk we would have after all this time.

3 comments:

  1. Your mother was a beautiful woman. You look like her. My mother died in 1978 and I still miss her. Often there are times when I wish I could talk to her and tell her about the things I've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautyful mom you had. That photo is very special, have you ever tried to paint her from it? And yes, Janet's right, you do look like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laila, I haven't tried to paint her because I just acquired this picture. My sister had her. Someday I will draw or paint her.

      Delete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.