Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday What do you wish to know?

What do you wish to know? As I read some of the other participants I marvel how so many others have these lofty goals and mine always seem so personal.  Perhaps its the idea of think globally and act locally. Perhaps I can't think of the big picture of the world until my own little world is settled I am not sure if any of that makes sense.

Today Jamie asks us today "What do you wish to know?


Having said all that, now what is it I wish to know. I wish to know what I am doing wrong. I had a crisis in confidence last night.  That old demon of comparing what you are doing to what someone else is doing and always feeling like you come up in the lack department.

I know its stupid and silly and serves no one but it is something I do have to deal with. Its not that I envy this person or that I wish them bad luck or anything.  Its more that I see them having a piece of the pie so to speak and wonder when do I get mine.  So what is it that I am doing wrong or is it my focus that needs to be changed. After thinking about this for a bit, I realize my wish is not to know what I am doing wrong but perhaps what is it that I am doing right.  I like the idea of keeping the focus on the positive.  If I know what I am doing right, then my thinking is, if I just do more of that I will be on the right track.

So my wish for today is to know what I am doing right,  to be able to build on it and move forward into my dreams.

To see what other wishcasters are doing go here

15 comments:

  1. Moving forward... love it!
    That takes real courage, I know you can do this :]
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to keep the postive thinking flowing too...I get to more satisfying places that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am often so maxed out by my personal life that it is hard to think beyond my sphere, Kate. I have been so into the whole Osama news story that I'm starting to have chest pains again; time to back off a bit, I think.

    I think we all have to do things at our own rate and in our own time and not compare ourselves to others--as an absolute principle. I do this with respect to things I am learning in counseling and think "I'm 53, bright, and have a graduate degree in counseling/development and I'm just NOW learning this????" I get so exasperated and then remember to be kind and gentle with myself and allow myself to learn what I need to in baby steps.

    I also think that sometimes someone seems to be having instant success but you don't see the things that happened in their lives in other areas to prepare them for it.

    Basically, we can't compare!!

    xoO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe I think the personal wishes are REAL, and the lofty ones are people making a lot of noise rather than being genuine.

    Please continue to focus on what you're doing right.

    As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do so agree with Olivia, to compare one self to others creates limitations rather then development. Be sure to stay in your own flow and take notice of what you are doing good, that way you create your own good circle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pie is big enough for all of us.

    I love the idea of focusing on what is right ! It is the best place to start from !
    What Kate wishes for herself, I wish for her also.
    Hugs, my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay positive, and you will move forward.

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. begin by blessing the other person and what they have done that you want. feel joy for them. then ask for it to come into our life as well. "i'm so happy they have/are ... i want this as well." :)

    as you wish for yourself, i wish for you also <3 Gayle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing wrong with what you are doing. As everything you are doing is in this moment and it is true for who you are. Stay positive! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that your sharings are personal. They are just as valid and beautiful as the rest.

    BTW...I'm totally singing the theme song from The Jefferson's TV show when you talked about having a piece of the pie.

    As you wish for yourself so I wish for you as well! You can find me here:

    http://www.sacredspaceteadates.com/1/post/2011/05/sing-a-song.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your wish kate, may it be so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can relate to your post. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. To quote the canvas on my wall: "You are right where you should be." I think the reason that quote is so popular is because at some time or another we all find ourselves exactly where you are and need to be reminded that we are where we are for the perfect reason. It's just frustrating when we don't know what that reason is. Then we just have to trust (at least that's what I've heard). You are talented and hard working. Heck, you could even make your own pie. I have every faith in you.
    Oh, and by the way, I think I found us a new art journal friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the way you moved through this and came out with a positive way of thinking. We all go through that bit about "someone else is better than I am" but I'm glad you got through it. You're perfect just as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good flow of thought, focusing on the positive.
    I always go with my gut reaction for the wishes and they are usually very practical & personal ones.
    As Kate wishes for herself so I wish forher also.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.