Saturday, July 9, 2011
It was a couple weeks ago when I started feeling like my days just kept getting away from me. I never seemed to have time for anything. I wasn't feeling my usual creative self. My intuition told me that is was time to start my days right with a morning ritual. I had already started doing Morning Pages again and that was really helping but I felt like I needed more.
I am a member of the Goddess Circle at goddessguidebook.com and I recalled one of the freebies Leonie gave out was all about morning rituals. Leonie gathered together a group of amazing women on the web and they share their morning rituals. There are some wonderful ideas here. You can get your own copy of it here Just scroll down to the section on e-books and posters, its the second one on the list.
So after reading it I came up with my morning rituals and I love how doing them makes me feel everyday. Here is my list.
* Morning Pages - three pages of longhand writing
* Gratitude, I make a list of things I am grateful for
* Grounding - I do a simple grounding exercise to connect to spirit and the earth.
* Set an intention for the day
* I pick a card from an Oracle deck. I am using Doreen Virtue's Daily Guidance from your Angels.
* Eat a healthy breakfast
* Movement- I often include some kind of movement, walking, dance, yoga, something to get the body going.
Do you have a morning ritual?