Friday, March 20, 2015

Express Your Creativity - Week 12










Welcome to Express Your Creativity. Here you can share paintings, sketches, art journal pages, poetry, photography, fiber arts like knitting and weaving, favorite recipes, organizational and decorating ideas, and more. The only requirement is that it is something that you have created in some way. I hope you will join me here and please pass it on. Please make sure to list your posts url and not your blogs url. This makes it easier for any late comers to find your post. If you are unfamiliar with Mr. Linky, this is how it works. You type in your name in the first box and the url/link to your post, not your blog address about your creative efforts this week. When you return your name will already be populated, you just need to paste in the new posts link.

I have created a blog button for those participating who might want to post this on your blog. You'll find it on the sidebar to your right.

My Week


I have been laid low with a awful stomach flu since last Friday.  I didn't get to as many as your blogs as I would have liked.  I apologize for that. Thank to all of you who continue to post here each week.

Since I have been so sick I don't have much to share.  I have been cleaning up my studio. You know how that is at one point you just have to do a major overhaul or you can't get anything done. I am going to be doing some major work and I wanted lots of workstations set up so I can move from one project to the next. It took me two days to get it all set up.




















This is a little peek into a painting I am working on.




















Here is another section.  I am loving all the color buried in all the layers.
















I took this watercolor background and began a mandala.  I haven't gotten very far with it yet.





















After a trip to the Dentist and a Dr. appointment I needed a lift so I went shopping at Michaels. I wanted some orange paint but ended up with a lot more. The white paper in the background is for scrapbooking but I will use it as a stencil. I got it on clearance for.49. The small toned gray sketchbook was on clearance for 5.99 so I got a couple good deals. I used a coupon on the inks.  They are the metallic set which includes silver, copper and gold. I will use them for drips in paintings and other accents.  I really like adding copper to a piece.

I'd love to see what you have been doing so please share your work below.

12 comments:

  1. Sorry you have been feeling bad, hope things are better no. I have also been busy with regrouping everything here! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those works in progress already! Sounds like a good plan: setting up different workstations to work on different projects. I should do that too, my studio looks like a hurricane hit it. Hope you're feeling much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wips are looking great. hope u feel better soon. happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better-stomach ailments are the worst! Very cool backgrounds, and what great deals at Michaels! I like to use papers as stencils too! I've never seen that grey paper before-interesting. Enjoy the new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, there is also a toned tan paper. They are great for use with colored pencil. The colors can really pop.

      Kate

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well. I find that cleaning and redoing my work area can be a healing process in itself. I like the emotions that your work evokes. I've never linked to you blog before, but decided to try it out today. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking Arnoldo. I love seeing your work here.

      Delete
  6. I had the stomach flu a few weeks ago, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are on the mend and back to normal in no time! New art supplies should speed the healing for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're feeling better! Love your paintings, the colours are so vibrant, the second photo reminds me of a fairground ferris wheel! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare, Thank you. I think it looks that way too. I was thinking of a big clock when I painted that. I s not sure what it will become but its fun figuring it all out.

      Delete
  9. I recently cleaned my work space, too, and it felt good. Then I promptly got busy messing it up again!
    I hope you're feeling better. Having new art supplies to play with should help.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.