Thursday, March 26, 2015

Express Your Creativity Week 13











Welcome to Express Your Creativity. Here you can share paintings, sketches, art journal pages, poetry, photography, fiber arts like knitting and weaving, favorite recipes, organizational and decorating ideas, and more. The only requirement is that it is something that you have created in some way. I hope you will join me here and please pass it on. Please make sure to list your posts url and not your blogs url. This makes it easier for any late comers to find your post. If you are unfamiliar with Mr. Linky, this is how it works. You type in your name in the first box and the url/link to your post, not your blog address about your creative efforts this week. When you return your name will already be populated, you just need to paste in the new posts link.

I have created a blog button for those participating who might want to post this on your blog. You'll find it on the sidebar to your right.















This is the mandala I started last week. I think it looks nice over this background. I found it quite enjoyable to work on.






























This self portrait was created from a photo on grey toned paper using colored pencil. I really like working on this paper. I have been trying to used colored pencil more often. I figure soon I'll be comfortable with it.













These pages are from the Mandala Magic course I am taking with Julie Gibbons. They all relate to the Bliss stage of the Great Round of Mandala. The one on the left is made with shaving cream and spray inks. The one on the right was made with nail polish.












The two on the left being smaller I called them moons. The top one is a transparency and ink mandala and the pinkish one was created with nail polish. The one on the right was created with shaving cream. It reminds me of Jupiter.

  





















This page was made using my birth chart as a mandala. The papers I used to collage with were gelli prints.  I picked watery looking pages to go with the theme of bliss.


Now its your turn to share.



15 comments:

  1. You've been very creative! Love your journal pages and mandalas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev, I sure like doing mandalas, they are so soothing to work on.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful mandalas, and love the self-portrait! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow busy lady so much creativity in one week!! Great colours and self portrait Kate!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Mandalas and beatiful self.portrait Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great art-all of it. I really love your earth pages. Well to me they look like all those from outer space views of earth with all kinds of filters. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the inventive use of shaving foam. It gives a lovely effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely and colorful work. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love black ink on top of bright colours, and this one is no exception. Also love the nail polish results! That looks like a lot of fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your self-portrait, and find your let journal page fascinating. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun projects - love the way the nail polish ones turned out. I love working on the grey toned paper too - it's really fun with charcoal - but pencil is great too. Thanks for sharing your creative week

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have been busy this week... so many awesome things to see here

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would never have thought to use shaving cream for artwork, but it's created a great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of inspiration in this post. I love mandalas.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.