Monday, March 30, 2015

Using Found Items In Your Art




















See these cute little cards. I found them in the paint dept of a local store. They are 2/12 " x 4". Immediately I thought, tags and collage. They were solids that I picked up too. I think they will be fun to play with for sure. As a creative I always have my eyes open for surprise materials. From junk mail to paint chips there is a wealth of material out there if you just look for it.















This is a drawing in graphite of the Callanish standing stones on the Isle of Lewis off the coast of Scotland.  I would love to see them for real someday. I find it interesting that some of the pictures I have seen of standing stones actually look like people, like some of the figures that I paint.  I've been wanting to add some of these stones to one of my paintings so I thought drawing some might be a first step.

Do you ever take your sketches or your art journal pages and make them into paintings?

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is amazing!! :)) You are a great writer who obviously has a passion for what they are writing about! I would appreciate it if you would check out my blog and let me know what you think in a comment on a post you like! I would love to have a talented writers input! Keep up the great work!!!
    -Wanderlust Rach <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is amazing!! :)) You are a great writer who obviously has a passion for what they are writing about! I would appreciate it if you would check out my blog and let me know what you think in a comment on a post you like! I would love to have a talented writers input! Keep up the great work!!!
    -Wanderlust Rach <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kate. The your art is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kate. The your art is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.