Friday, June 24, 2011

International Faerie Day



















I haven't been doing any art lately so today I just went into the studio even before breakfast and played in my srt journal. Since today is International Faerie Day it seemed appropriate to have a page for it. I looked hard for some faerie paper to use for the page. I knew I used to have some but I couldn't find it, so I dug out some of my stamps and played with them instead. Perhaps we should all go out at twilight and look for faeries tonight.

If your in the mood for faerie stories, I loved Laini Taylors two faerie books, Faeries of Dreamdark and Silksinger.  Or you could try Faery Rebels by RJ Anderson. It is also a good story, along with the sequels Wayfarer and Arrow.



















This started with the Laurel Burch tag from a tote bag I had bought. I loved it on the black gesso so I just pulled some papers out to match the colors of the cats. Both of these papers were tyvek I had painted on. I was amazed how weel white gel pens work on black gesso.  I wish they worked as well on all surfaces.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't aware of International Faerie Day! I like the page you did for it and also the one with cats. I haven't tried the gel pens over black gesso but now I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are fantastic, love the black gesso! :]
    Thank you for sharing your talents, always.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.