Monday, August 20, 2012

Making Order out of Chaos
















This past week I have been making jewelry which resulted in all my bead boxes becoming a disaster.  So this is just a little bit of the mess of my reorganizing.  I had piles of colors all over the tables in the house. I worked on organizing for 2 days but now everything is in its place.  Sometimes I can handle only so much disorder. I can get such pleasure of putting things in little piles of color and shape and making order out of chaos.

 

 I found this video on twitter this morning. Its an advert for these silicone tools that look really great. I also liked watching this artist and her philosophy about using the tools. They also have wedges that work well with encaustic painting and would be great for mixed media. I may have to get some of these, yes Dick Blick has them.




















This little guy should be arriving at my doorstep today.  Its a self igniting torch for encaustic painting.  I have been re-watching all the video's from Judy Wise's encaustic painting DVD.  I am looking forward to doing some of the exercises I didn't do while the class was live.  I hope the UPS driver comes early rather than later.  I want to play.

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny, my dinning room table looks this way!!
    Well, just switch the beads for paper scraps... Ive got collage elements everywhere (LOL) :]
    Thank goodness my Husband is a sweetheart, he really does't mind.
    I have my own studio, yet the art materials seem to follow me everywhere!! :]
    Love it... thank for sharing, Kate.
    Also, that tool looks interesting. Can not wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.