Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Writing Wednesdays and Charts


Writing work in Progress.  There is really nothing new to report today. I  am still reading up on writing technique and practicing archery.

I decided I would report on something else that I am doing.  I've got about two weeks where I have no obstructions on doing what I want to do.  I have some ideas on how I want to spend that time.  I am very cognizant that I could whittle the time away doing frivolous things and I don't want that to happen. With so many choices where do I begin first. Or how do I remember what it is I wanted to do. So I made myself a chart on the back of a huge calender.















I listed some categories of what I wanted to do and then sub categories.  I'll mark these off as I do them, not in the way of a usual list but more in the sense of celebration. I started with just one color marker but had to go get some others to make it more colorful. Its on my fridge so I am reminded of what I want to be spending my time on. When I have a lot of unstructured time I find if I create some kind of structure it helps tremendously.

Now having a chart really does not help in the decision of what to do in any given day but I can see all my choices on one piece of paper.  When I am having difficulty choosing an activity I choose the task that I feel a little draw of energy to. I am washing fleeces today because I started them yesterday and I really want them finished. Then I will move on to something else. I don't always do what I think I am going to but that is ok.  I can make different choices at any time.  The chart help me keep my focus and that is a good thing.













4 comments:

  1. How organized you are...helpful to make lists and post calendars I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good thing ! I should try that. I tend to be good about making lists but not sticking to them, though. But I have been spending way too muuch time on the compter these days. Need to work on self-discipline, big time !
    Happy Writing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, your chart... keeps you focused and on task.
    I find this to be very helpful myself, otherwise... I spread myself too thin and nothing is accomplished.
    Such a wonderful idea to share with us! :]

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.