Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Art Snacks

Its been a little more than 24 hours since I went under the knife to have a bad root canal fixed. The results were not good. In other words my tooth is cracked, I now either need an implant or a bridge. Discussions about that will be done on Friday. So the whole procedure was for nothing. I had been sedated because the last time with this tooth novocain did not work. I wasn't going through that pain. So weird to have all this time go by and I do not remember anything. Plus having to go through all of this only to discover that it didn't work and they now have to do something else doesn't make me to happy.

Art Snacks

I found out about ArtSnacks just last month. They take unique high quality art supplies and deliver them to your door stop on a monthly basis. What a fun way to try out  new things. Although I have a lot of art supplies I still thought I would give it a try.












This is what I got in the mail.

A Generals sketch and wash pencil
1 Goldenedge watercolor brush size 2 round by Grumbacher
A Zig Kurecolor alcohol based dual tipped marker
1 14 ml tube of Grumbacher Permanent Green watercolor paint
a bookmark explaining all the supplies
a sticker
a snack

What a fun way to try out new supplies.  They also have an online forum to share what you made with the supplies. Sometimes new supplies are a great way to spark up your art. I think I'll try it for a couple months and see how it goes. You can check it out here.


Gardening


One of the focus areas I chose to work on this year involved gardening. I can't do too much as its winter time.  I can come up with plans and ideas though.
















The other day I had some time to kill so I checked out the garden section in a favorite store. They had their garden gloves on sale so I got 2 pairs. One heavy weight and the other light weight. I am determined to get my flower garden in shape after totalling neglecting it last year. The gloves seemed a good start. I have short fingers so I find it hard to find gloves that fit. They had them in sizes so I found some that fit great. Of course I got the purple ones.

What new goal have you decided to work on this year?

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.