Monday, February 9, 2015

Sketchbook Skool - Urban Sketching















We've been doing urban sketching in bootkamp.  It is something I really need to work on. First it was buildings. Its been so cold I did not want to sit outside so I drew this view from inside my car.
















Then it was people.  I went to the local library to do some sketching.














Everyone is working on their computers. I am finding these exercises hard, but the only way you get better is to keep doing it.















Here I spent time at creating a longer drawing.  It took me quite some time to draw all of those bricks. I used ink and pitt pens in shades of grey and watercolor paint. The drawing is far from perfect but it does have character and it tells me I can draw buildings if I just keep practicing.















I also captured my lunch before eating it.  I usually forget about that and then its too late.  A fun exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.