Friday, February 6, 2015

Express Your Creativity Week 6









Welcome to Express Your Creativity. Here you can share paintings, sketches, art journal pages, poetry, photography, fiber arts like knitting and weaving, favorite recipes, organizational and decorating ideas, and more. The only requirement is that it is something that you have created in some way. I hope you will join me here and please pass it on. Please make sure to list your posts url and not your blogs url. This makes it easier for any late comers to find your post. If you are unfamiliar with Mr. Linky, this is how it works. You type in your name in the first box and the url/link to your post, not your blog address about your creative efforts this week. When you return your name will already be populated, you just need to paste in the new posts link.


I have created a blog button for those participating who might want to post this on your blog. You'll find it on the sidebar to your right.

Today I am sharing some work in an old book journal.  I am using this journal to teach an Art Journaling Class.




















This is a face that came out of the background.




















Here I was showing how to make a stenciled background and a silhouette.




















This was just a collage I did on my own at home. The tag in the background was made with a mono print.




















Another collage with a stencilled and masked background.

Now its your turn to share what you've created this week.

10 comments:

  1. Really like that face, it's so expressive. The shadow traces of text make me wonder if those are her thoughts, or maybe a story she's involved in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, expressive face, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! I espeically love the doorway!!! Can't wait to meet the friendly dragons on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pages-love the colorful page with the door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all four of these.
    My special favourite is the colourful magic door page and then the so expressive face,

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last piece is my favourite of this lot

    Thanks for stopping by to view mine

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So interesting to see the different styles in your journal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely journal pages again! My favourite is the doorway too, because it's intriguing what lies behind! Thank you for the linky :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kate...just popping in to see what you're doing. When I have something to show I'll join in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet, I look forward to seeing what you post.

      Kate

      Delete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.