Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Repurposing Old Art













I decided to remove the google friend icons from my sidebar since it is going away sometime this month.  I can't remember the actual date.  You can follow me on Bloglovin if you choose to by going here. I also have a link in the sidebar.

Repurposing Art

I love it when I find new ways to use art supplies or to be able to alter something I made previously. This happened by accident the other day.




















A few years ago I made a series of artist trading cards(ATC's) out of a cereal box. I used a couple of them but I really didn't like the color they were.  The shade of green is really odd.  I found this one when I was cleaning up my collage drawers.  I was going to toss it when I got an idea.  I pulled out my gelatos and added some color to the background.




















Just a little bit of blue and yellow on top and now the color sings. This was so simple I was amazed.  Now this one is a different card because I hadn't stopped to take a before picture.





















I then threw this collage element on top and I have the start of a wonderful ATC.  Now I want to find what I did with the other cards. They must be stuck somewhere in my studio.  I think it would be fun to add  different colors to the same background and see what you get.  So far I only found  one card but they are here somewhere.  I'll do another post on this when I find them.

Do you find ways to repurpose your art or your supplies?

1 comment:

  1. Lime green and teal work wonderful together. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.