Friday, August 22, 2014

Expressive Landscapes

For paint party friday I thought I would talk about an online course I have been taking. I've been enrolled in Pauline Agnew's course, See Paint Feel - Expressive Landscapes for the past 2 weeks. Its the third course I have taken from Pauline and its really been great. She is such a great teacher, I always learn amazing things from her.
















One of our first exercises was to make collages for the four elements, earth, air, fire and water. This is my collage for air.
















This is earth.
















This is fire.
















This is water. These were really fun to make.















This was an exercise with mark making while listening to bird songs.




















Here we used Oil Pastels to mimic a water lily painting. This is something that takes a lot of practice. I'll need to do a half dozen of these before I feel confidant at it.















Next we did our first landscape.  This is still a work in progress. I needs quite a bit more work but I'll add it to this post anyways.
















This is what is called a network drawing. The original photo was a scene looking from underneath a flowering bush.  I am learning lots of new techniques in the course and of course new ways of looking and seeing.

You can heck out what others are doing on Paint Party Friday here.

9 comments:

  1. looks a very interesting course Kate and love your results. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great workshop! I'm really drawn to the network painting. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks rally interesting, and you have made some great work. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like quite an interesting course. I think the artwork from it is very cool. Super results :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, you're so busy! How do you find time for everything? I love what you're doing here...the landscape is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a really good course-thank you for sharing. Love the elements exercises and your landscape is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow all of these are fabulous. This sounds like such a good workshop. It is nice when you can find a teacher that inspires you.
    Have very nice weekend
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness--how creative you are! I have a feeling you are having a LOT of fun with these. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the oil pastel painting - so rich! I need to try mine out - they just sit in their box, just waiting for me to pick the first one up! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.