Friday, August 8, 2014

Inspire - Breath















This piece is also a part of the Spectrum class. The focus of Inspiration and particularly the breath.  I started with images and words but painted over them.  I thought of the 2 shapes on the right as being the lungs but now that I look at it again they look like knees to me.  All the other imagery seemed to connect the body and its inner workings.  Lots of cell like objects and flowing things. When I began it was like some manic painting but then I remembered that I was supposed to focus on my breath.  Was it shallow or deep, fast or slow.  When I started paying attention  to the breath the work slowed down and I felt more present.  An interesting exercise, when you slow down and are more present in your life, you can see the little details easier.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Kate, this is so vibrant and full of life! I love the colors and the flowing lines. I probably need to remember to slow down and breath when I'm painting. It's a good lesson.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.